Electric blanket thought to be cause of house fire in Lucan

By Echo Reporter

Dublin Fire Brigade have warned the public to take care when using electric blankets and leaving them plugged in after a house fire in Lucan on Wednesday.

DFB took to Twitter on Wednesday afternoon to issue the warning, saying, "We attended a domestic fire in Esker. Believed the fire started by an electric blanket being left on. No injuries".

Esker fire collage

It is believed the blanket was left plugged in for several hours before the blaze started.

The fire happened in a house in the Esker area of Lucan, and as pictures provided by DFB show (above), there was considerable damage to the bedroom where it began.

Fire 1

The warning comes just weeks after DFB raised concerns over chargers being left plugged in when a similar type of fire took place (above), scorching the mattress in a house.

Prev We put your #GE16 questions to the candidates of Dublin South West
Next Gaelscoil Eiscir Riada launch their ‘Who Wants To Be A Thousandaire’ in aid of essential school equipment

  • eBeauty - Tanning Prep
  • Staying in the Saddle for Prostate Cancer
  • eBeauty - Glam Night Out look
  • eBeauty - The ‘No Makeup’ Makeup Look
  • 400 participate in sixth annual Run For Rita

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site, personalise content, provide social media features, analyse our traffic, show you relevant advertising and to target and report on ads. By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies that may process personal data for these purposes.