DFB issue warning about the dangers of cracked and damaged plug sockets

Dublin Fire Brigade have issued a warning in relation to the dangers and warning signs of broken or cracked plug sockets.

The emergency service said a householder smelt smoke and correctly got help immediately.

According to DFB, the smell was tracked down to the socket, with charring visible in the images they shared.

They also said the cracking on the front cover of the socket can be an indication of excess heat building up due to bad connections.

Anyone who thinks their plug sockets are faulty or damaged should immediately seek help.

Prev Dublin Fire Brigade attend fire at Tallaght Stadium
Next Shamrock Rovers will welcome Gaza kids

  • eBeauty - Victoria Secret Runway ready
  • Double gold medal winner at the EYOF Rhasidat Adeleke receives a huge welcome home
  • ebeauty - Turquoise Glam
  • Rhasidat Adeleke strikes gold for second time at European Youth Olympics Festival
  • Tallaght Athletic Club's Rhasidat Adeleke speaking after winning gold

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site, personalise content, provide social media features, analyse our traffic, show you relevant advertising and to target and report on ads. By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies that may process personal data for these purposes.