13-year-old denies four counts of dangerous driving

By Brendan Grehan

A THIRTEEN-YEAR-OLD boy who denies four counts of dangerous driving had his case further adjourned for hearing by Tallaght District Court.

The case was before Judge Patricia McNamara for hearing.

Tallaght court close up

The boy allegedly led gardai on a pursuit across Tallaght at 11pm in January 2016 . He was 12 at the time of the incident.

The 13-year-old, from Tallaght, had pleaded not guilty to four counts of dangerous driving, no insurance and no driving licence at a location in Tallaght on January 14, 2016.

The court heard it will be alleged that at 11pm on the above date a Garda was on patrol when he observed a car driving at speed.

The conditions were quite icy. The car drove over a number of speed bumps at speed and then broke a red light before losing control.

The accused and three other males got out of the car.

The case was before Judge Patricia McNamara for hearing.

The boy was accompanied by his mother.

His solicitor, Catriona Muldoon asked the judge to set a new hearing date.

She said there had been a tragedy in her client's family and said that the prosecuting garda had been informed.

Judge McNamara adjourned the case for three weeks for hearing.

Prev Construction to start on Tymon community nursing home
Next Walkway’s €250k makeover to improve safety after dark

  • Inspirational video as 14-year-old suffers from 'butterfly disease'
  • Inspirational video as Team James prepare for Dublin Marathon
  • Finbar Furey talks about recent Ballyfermot concert
  • Amazing penalty kick!
  • Stunning aerial video of Sean Walsh Park