Accused of threatening to kill a security guard

A MAN has been accused of threatening to kill a security guard before driving at him in his car, causing him to “take evasive action” in an incident outside a west Dublin shopping centre.

Christopher Wilson is also alleged to have told the security man he would return and “break his face”.

The Mill 13 1

The Mill Shopping Centre

The case was adjourned at Blanchardstown District Court for the accused to decide how he intends to plead.

Mr Wilson, aged 22, with an address at Woodford Court, Clondalkin is charged with threatening to kill or cause serious harm to a security guard at the Mill Centre, Clondalkin on July 2 last year.

Sergeant Walter Sweeney said the DPP directed summary disposal of the case in the district court subject to the judge considering the issue of jurisdiction.

Judge David McHugh said he would need to hear an outline of the allegations.

The sergeant said the incident was alleged to have happened at 1.45pm on the day in question. The security guard was on duty in the centre when he was approached by the accused outside a shop, Sgt Sweeney said.

His behaviour was threatening and aggressive and it was alleged he referred to the security man as a “f**king p**ck”.

The guard called his colleagues to assist him in removing the accused, at which Mr Wilson was alleged to have threatened that he would “come back to the shopping centre and get him, and he would break his face.”

The security man said he would call the gardai and Mr Wilson allegedly threatened to kill him if he gave any of his details to the gardai.

According to Sgt Sweeney, the accused then got into his silver Mercedes Benz and drove at the security guard, causing him to “take evasive action”.

Mr Wilson stopped the vehicle and again threatened to come back if he called the gardai, it was alleged.

Judge McHugh said the allegations were at the “higher end” of what was usually dealt with in the district court, but he accepted jurisdiction.

He ordered disclosure of prosecution material to the defence, to include any CCTV footage, and adjourned the case to March 25.

He granted free legal aid after solicitor Wayne Kenny made an application, saying his client was not working.

The accused was remanded on continuing bail in his absence.

By subscribing to The Echo you are supporting your local newspaper Click Here: Echo Online.

Prev Childhood friends lockdown podcast attracts some high profile guests
Next Appeal lodged by developer against financial contribution on convent site
  • Light House in Kilnamanagh gets decorated for Easter
  • Scrap yard fire Greenhills Road
  • A Happy St Patrick’s Day from Dublin Fire Brigade
  • Happy St Patrick's Day 2021
  • Food table in Tallaght

Will you watch the Harry and Meghan interview with Oprah?

We use cookies to improve your experience on our site, personalise content, provide social media features, analyse our traffic, show you relevant advertising and to target and report on ads. By using the site, you consent to the use of cookies that may process personal data for these purposes.